Have you heard of the book, THE SECRET? If not, you will. THE SECRET, by Rhonda Byrne, remains the number one selling book on the New York Times Best Seller list. Oprah Winfrey and Larry King have dedicated entire programs to it and millions of Americans are reading the book. Unfortunately there are numerous false teachings in the book and it is leading multitudes into a dangerous New Age worldview. I recently read the book and have written a response to it. If it may be of help to you in your witnessing efforts to a family member or friend who has read the book, you can click here to read it. In the study I outline ten problems with the book. They are:
1. The Secret teaches that the universe is God.
2. The Secret makes people out to be God.
3. The Secret denies the existence of any objective (real) moral absolutes.
4. The Secret denies a coming Day of Judgment.
5. The Secret encourages a self-centered, self-governed life.
6. The Secret removes any need to be thankful to God.
7. The Secret distorts the facts about Jesus.
8. The Secret distorts Jesus’ teaching regarding prayer.
9. The Secret replaces the Bible with itself as the true source of guidance and wisdom.
10. The Secret gives out advice that could endanger a person’s health.
Click here to read the article in its entirety.