Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Top 10 Apologetics Books for Young Adults

The father of a teenage daughter emailed me a while back. He said:

"Charlie...My oldest daughter is finishing her freshman year in high school. I want to prepare her for college. What 10-20 books do you recommend she read before she attends college so that she will be prepared to stand strong and defend her faith? I plan on her reading at least 5 books per summer and some more during the school year. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you."

Wow. What a wise father. I pray more parents have the foresight to prepare their kids this way. In my response to him, I narrowed my list down to 10 books. I include a slightly revised list here with the hope that it might help other parents who are seeking to prepare their teenagers for the real world. Here's what I would recommend. Feel free to click on any of the titles if you're interested in knowing more about the book or buying a copy for yourself in our online store. We have all of these titles on sale.

I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek

The Case for Christ

by Lee Strobel

The Case for Faith

by Lee Strobel


The Case for a Creator
by Lee Strobel

The New Answers Book (Vol. 1)
by Ken Ham, editor

Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions
by Gregory Koukl


Love Your Neighbor: Thinking Wisely About Right and Wrong
by Norman Geisler and Ryan Snuffer


If God, Why Evil?
by Norman Geisler


True for You But Not for Me: Deflating the Slogans that Leave Christians Speechless
by Paul Copan

So What's the Difference? A Look at 20 Worldviews, Faiths and Religions
by Fritz Ridenour

I am open to suggestions on how this list could be improved. If you were to make your own list, what books would you recommend? Keep in mind that the list would be for young adults (no scholarly tomes). Email your ideas to me at: alwaysbeready.com@gmail.com